Role: Workforce Manager (Freelance)
Duration: Jan 2023 to Nov 2023
Birmingham City Council is looking to work with an experienced Event Workforce Manager to lead on the development and delivery of workforce and volunteer planning and strategies for the Championships.
The successful applicant will be required to support the planning and delivery of workforce management for the event, working for the Local Organising Committee (LOC) with collaboration alongside partner organisations and reporting directly to the Championship Director.
Within the context of an international sporting event, the Event Workforce Manager will have knowledge and experience of, and be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of working within private and public sector organisations and within a multi stakeholder and “cross functional team” environment. (The Local Organising Committee has multiple functional areas and various partners including the FIG, British Gymnastics, Birmingham City Council, UK Sport and The NEC Group.)
• Adopt and lead the event’s mission, values and vision with the aim of creating a sense of belonging, motivation and purpose to ensure the workforce including volunteers become event ambassadors
• The development and implementation of a workforce strategy including volunteers that outlines;
1. Key work stream resource requirements
2. Recruitment planning and execution demonstrating
3. An understanding of recruiting the right mix of skills and leading a diverse workforce
4. Experience in the full recruitment, selection and training of volunteers for major sports events
5. Development and management of a communications strategy to reach, attract and engage target audiences with regards to volunteering opportunities
6. Responsibility for preparing and managing deployment of workforce and volunteers including training and scheduling to ensure that enough staff are available to perform all required tasks
• A full understanding of data management and safeguarding
• Implementation and management of systems and infrastructure to appropriately and efficiently plan and deliver to achieve targets
• Management and monitoring budgets for the workforce functional area
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter by no later than 5pm Friday 9th December 2022 to Dominic Elsom, Championship Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure your cover letter identifies the following criteria:
• Demonstrating an understanding of the requirements
• An outline of how you would approach this project
• Examples and case studies of comparable work
• An outline of how the project would be managed
A day rate of approximately £170.00 would be applicable.